The Knovel database provides desktop access to electronic versions of over 1,200 publications from key transportation and engineering publishers, including AASHTO. It contains online versions of core AASHTO titles like:
- "A Policy on Geometric Design of Highways and Streets” (The Green Book)
- “Standard Specifications for Transportation Materials and Methods of Sampling and Testing”
- “AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications”
- “Standard Specifications for Highway Bridges”
Access to Knovel is available to all VDOT employees but requires a brief registration, which can be done by following these steps:
- From the VDOT network, go to http://app.knovel.com
- Click the "Click Here" button where it says "Don't have an account? Create a Profile now"
- Fill out the online registration form. Please be sure to use your VDOT email address as your user name.
- Click the "sign up" button and follow the other prompts.
- When you are ready to log in, go to http://app.knovel.com and enter your new credentials.
- If you have any difficulties connecting or questions, contact customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-615-4500 (choose option 1)