Answered By: Ken Winter Last Updated: Feb 02, 2016 Views: 11
Yes, VDOT is a TRB sponsor so current VDOT employees have access to most TRB Webinars and similar events (including attendance at TRB's Annual Meeting). See this link for details: http://www.trb.org/ElectronicSessions/ConferenceRecordings.aspx
TRB’s webinars are produced with funding received from TRB Sponsors and TRB Sustaining Affiliates. Accordingly, employees of TRB Sponsors and TRB Sustaining Affiliates may attend the session without a fee. TRB Sponsors include State Sponsors from the Highway and Transportation Departments of the 50 states and DC, and select Federal and Private Sponsors.
- All participants must register at least 24 hours in advance of the webinar.
- A typical TRB webinar runs approximately 90 minutes.
- Usually, three to four panelists present information for a total of 60 minutes. Presenters broadcast their PowerPoint presentation from their own computer.
- They communicate with the audience using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) or their telephone. Audience members listen to the webinar via telephone or computer speakers, and are automatically muted during the session.
- To interact with the presenters, audience members type their questions and comments into a chat box.
- Once the presentations conclude, we hold a 30 minute question and answer session.
- A designated question and answer moderator will read the questions and comments submitted by the audience, and presenters answer those questions.
- We also disseminate polls and surveys to the audience to increase their interaction with the presenters. Webinars are recorded and can be viewed in Windows Media Player.
For general Webinar questions Contact Elaine Ferrell at 202-334-2399 or EFerrell@nas.edu.